Thursday, March 31, 2016

PINK - PURPLE - BLUE

PINK - PURPLE - BLUE


Ok, so this is my first ever post (hopefully of many), based on an eye look I created yesterday! I feel as though a lot of people tend to shy away from using colours on their eyes, either because they feel as though it won't suit them, or they're just unsure of what to do with them! Colours can add so much to your makeup, making it stand out so don't hide from them! I have taken some 'step-by-step' pictures of this look, as I am literally in love with it! All the eyeshadows used are all high street brands at great prices! Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, especially if there's another look you'd like me to do! Also please leave feed back if possible, ty angels x

Whether you apply eyeshadow before or after your makeup is personal preference. However, I would recommend doing eyeshadow BEFORE anything else to avoid fall out messing up your makeup!

STEP 1: PRIME

So the first step of this look is to prime your eyes! This will help your eyeshadow to last longer as well as helping with the application of it, allowing you to make the most out of the product and preventing it from creasing. Just squeeze a bit onto your finger, then rub it over your whole eyelid. Personally, having tried eyeshadow primers I will purchase them for as long as I live, however before I discovered them, a bit of concealer always did the trick!




PRODUCT:

The primer I have used here is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer (sample size pictured). A UK stockist is Debenhams however Sephora and Too Faced ship to the UK (at a price, so just hit up Debenhams)

Too Faced: 'bestselling formula that locks down eye shadows and intensifies color to ensure crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours. The feather-light formula glides effortlessly onto lids to create a smooth, even canvas for seamless shadow application and a stay-put look every time.'

https://www.toofaced.com/p/eye-shadow-primers/shadow-insurance/     £15 not including postage

http://www.sephora.com/shadow-insurance-P202625?skuId=1777671&icid2=category%20search_makeup:eye%20makeup:eye%20primer_p202625_image  Price needs converting from Dollars into Pounds at Checkout

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_154614025499_-1  £17




STEP 2: APPLY TAPE

Unfortunately I have run out of normal tape and have used parcel tape (but it does the trick). When I have done my makeup in front of people or on others using tape, everyone looks at me like I'm insane, but it works I promise! The purpose of the tape is to keep a sharp line for your eyeshadow, making it look neat and precise. Take a length of tape around 10cm and line it up with your lash line, placing it diagonally like I have! May feel weird but it's worth it!




STEP 3: INITIAL EYESHADOW

The eyeshadow I've used to start with is from the Sleek Sunset Palette (shown with picture below). The brush I have used to apply it is the Sigma E25 Blending Brush (also pictured below).

Apply a fair amount of product onto the brush, tapping the side of it gently against the corner of your desk etc. to remove any excess. Apply the shadow to the crease of your eye, sweeping it down along the tape and gently to your inner corner.


Then BLEND like your life depends on it!

Blending will be your exercise for the day, it can take ages and your arm will often be dead by the end of it! Don't let it put you off because trust me mate you need it! Otherwise you'll get uneven eyeshadow and harsh lines, which we do not want!
Once blended it should look somewhat like the pictures (I hope)!



The second colour in on the top row was the one I used, it's a gorgeous shimmery red! The Sleek i-Divine Sunset palette was a palette that I had my eye on for ages! It's the hardest palette to find in store, I have only ever seen it once which was the time that I bought it! It retails for £7.99 like all the other sleek palettes. Sleek itself is such a reasonably priced brand for the quality of product that it offers. I have most of their palettes and their shadows are highly pigmented, the contour and eyebrow kits are also incredible!

You can buy Sleek Products from Superdrug and Boots, as well as online!

The brush pictured is the Sigma E25 Blending Brush - literal ride or die product. Sigma brushes are some of the best brushes I have ever used and are super reasonable as well! They're an American brand, however a UK stockist is cocktailcosmetics.

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/sunset-i-divine-pale-sunset-i-divine-palette  £7.99

http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/prod/sigma-e25-blending-brush  £10.95




STEP 4: BUILDING EYESHADOW

The next eyeshadow I have used is from the Sleek Vintage Romance Palette. Once again I have used the Sigma E25 Blending Brush.

Apply a small amount of the shadow (colour used shown with picture of palette) onto the brush, tapping off any excess. Apply this to the outer corner of the eye, keeping it lower than the first eyeshadow, blending it towards the lash line and the tape.


Also apply some to the inner corner of the eye, however don't drag it into the centre as much as the first colour. Once again make sure you BLEND the outer corner, however don't go wild otherwise you'll blend both colours so much that you completely lose both colours!!

Once you've done this, hopefully it'll look like the pictures!





The colour I have used above is the first colour on the bottom row of the palette. The Sleek i-Divine Vintage Romance was the second sleek palette I purchased and I love it! The purple/pink colours are perfect for people who have green eyes as they really bring out the colour - they look great on all eye colours too!

The brush once again is the Sigma E25 Blending Brush - like I said it's my ride or die so I use it A LOT!

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/i-divine-vintage-romance  £7.99




STEP 5: ADDING DEPTH

The next eyeshadow I have used is also from the Sleek Vintage Romance palette and is the fourth colour on the second row - a dark purple with a hint of blue. Looking at the picture you're probably thinking 'What's the difference from the last picture?' but trust me there is one!

Surprise surprise I have once again used the Sigma E25 brush but this time only a small amount of product.

When applying this colour make sure you keep it low in the outer corner, building the depth of the shadow making it darker towards your lash line. This will make the look more dramatic and also add an ombre effect, with one eyeshadow colour changing into the next.

Pretty sure you can guess what the next step is... BLEND!! You won't achieve the seemless colour transition without blending. HOWEVER be sure to blend down into the tape and lash line that way you don't take the darker colours too high, we like to keep them low!


STEP 6: ADD BLUE

This step is where you finally begin to see the look that you have created! The electric purple/blue shade I have added really helps to make your eyes pop! It works so well with the other colours as well as being bold so people will definitely notice it!

The brush I have used here is my Sigma E55 Eye Shading bush - another ride of die - brilliant for packing on colour!

The colour I have used comes from the Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels Ultra Eyeshadow Palette (long name I know) and is shown with the picture below. Apply a considerable amount to the brush, you may have to swirl the brush in the shadow to pick up the most pigment. Then apply it to the centre of the lid, reaching it to meet the other shadows.

You know what to do next... BLEND!!!





The colour I have used is the fourth shadow in on the top row - such a beautiful electric blue/purple.

This palette it the 'Eyes Like Angels' palette by Revolution, Makeup Revolution London. It consists of 32 eyeshadows and is only £8!! This brand also have dupes of the Urban Decay 'Naked' palettes which are also good quality, at only £4 each! This brand is available online and in most Superdrug stores.

The brush used is also by Sigma and like the E25 is also available on cocktailcosmetics. You can buy the brushes directly from Sigma however you will have to pay for shipping from the US.
International shipping is only free over $150!!

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-eyes-like-angels.html  £8

http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/prod/sigma-e55-eye-shading-brush  £10.95


STEP 7: LIQUID EYELINER

Liquid eyeliner isn't essential to this look, but it does help to bolden it! Apply a THIN line from the inner corner, along the tape for as long as you want your wing to be! The tape will help your liner to be so sharp it could cut someone!

A liquid or gel liner is ideal for this, the liner I have used here is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liquid eyeliner in the shade 'intense black'




https://stila.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/stay-all-day-waterproof-liquid-eye-liner  £14.50







STEP 8: REMOVE TAPE

Now that your shadow and liquid liner are complete it's time to remove the tape and wipe away any fall out (this is eyeshadow that has fallen beneath the eye, you can see it in the pictures above)!

Look how sharp that line is!!!



STEP 9: EYELINER ON YOUR WATERLINE

In my opinion coloured pencil liners are so underrated! That's why for this look I have opted for a purple liner. This liner is by Urban Decay and is the 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the colour 'Vice'. This is available online, in Urban Decay stores and from Debenhams!


http://www.urbandecay.co.uk/eyes/eye-liner/24/7-glide-on-eye-pencil  £15.50



STEP 10: MASCARA

Mascara is the next step in this look and for some people will be the final step! Having naturally blonde hair means that my eyelashes are also blonde and in my case not particularly long! The mascara I have used is the Benefit 'They're Real' on my upper lashes and Benefit 'Roller Lash' on my lower lashes.

https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/theyre-real-lengthening-mascara  £19.50 

https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/roller-lash  £19.50



STEP 10: LASHES (OPTIONAL)

The lashes I have used are Huda Beauty Lashes in Scarlett. When purchasing Huda Beauty Lashes keep in mind that they DO NOT come with glue therefore you have to buy it separately! They are USA based but Cult Beauty is a UK stockist. These lashes are super high quality but very dramatic so not for everyone (although I'm obsessed)!

Tip: Apply lashes with tweezers to help you get them closer to the lash line and more natural.







https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/huda-beauty-scarlett-8.html  £15.50

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/huda-beauty-lash-glue-black.html  £14










FINALLY...

Although I haven't pictured this, you can sweep any excess colour off your brushes just below the lower lash line, this will add drama to the look as well as smoking it out a little!


I hope this was helpful in one way or another, please let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see. Thank you for reading, please share and comment!

Chlo x

No comments:

Post a Comment